Monday, November 22, 2010

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

My Pecan Pie experiment!

As you know, before I had drama and trauma last week, I swore I was going to have a gfcfsfcfef pecan pie experiment. WELL. Today was the day! I have pictures, I have recipes, I have all kinds of fun stuff going on over here. It's just such a shame that I can't have a scratch n' sniff blog today. The house smells AMAZING! There are just a couple notes I must add before showing you all the yummy pie process.

* When texting the Daddy and asking him to purchase aluminum pie tins, please make sure you tell him what SIZE. He came home with 10" deep dish. Most pie recipes are for a standard 9" pie, unless it states otherwise. ( i.e. 9" deep dish, 10", 10" deep dish) Therefore, my pie turned out a bit on the skimpy side, through no fault of the recipe. 

*I did not use the Buttery Almond Pie Crust recipe  today. I was on a strict time frame, because the twinnies were napping, and notorious #5 was helping. So, my experimental pie does not have a gf crust, because I used a pre-made, refrigerated one from the store. The buttery almond crust though... TO DIE FOR!!!

Okay! I think that's it. Are you ready? I am SO excited! Here we go:

I adapted the Southern Pecan Pie recipe from About.com

Here is the adapted recipe for you to try

Ingredients:
1 cup rice syrup
1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1/4 t. sea salt
1/3 cup melted soy free Earth Balance spread
1 t. vanilla
egg substitute to equal 3 eggs
2 heaping cups pecan halves
1- 9" pie shell, unbaked

Your pile of ingredients will look like this:

Photobucket

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, then mix together the rice syrup, brown sugar, salt, melted butter, and vanilla. Then mix together your egg substitute, and add to the rice syrup mixture. it will look like this:
Photobucket

Then stir in your heaping 2 cups of pecan halves

Photobucket


Then pour the entire mixture into the prepared crust and decorate the top with a design of pecans, if you like.

Photobucket

Then slide the pie into a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes -1 hour, until set.

Photobucket

Allow to cool completely before slicing. Y'all enjoy! ( Holy cow, I just can't WAIT to eat this!! This is my favorite pie, a tie with pumpkin.)

Photobucket

Notorious #5 says it's a hit!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it looks yummy :)

Post a Comment